Mondays tend to be the least favorite day of the week for most people. As it turns out, there is a good reason for it. That is the day of the week on which you are most likely to suffer a heart attack.
According to a study published in The BMJ, researchers who studied over 156,000 hospital heart attack admissions over seven years came to some surprising conclusions:
- Most heart attacks occurred on Mondays, coming in at 11% above Tuesdays through Fridays.
- The fewest heart attacks take place on Saturdays.
- Young, working people are the most at risk on Mondays. Their risk of heart attack was 20 percent higher on the first day of the workweek.
- December is the worst month for heart attacks.
- July is the safest.
- The absolutely worst time for heart attacks is around 10:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, with risk increasing by 40%.
Find out about your increased risk of death on your birthday.
Learn about the odds of dying of these different events.