Have a few extra pounds you need to burn off? Consider the weight-loss potential of the following activities — all based on an average 150-pound person.
- Banging your head against a wall uses 150 Calories an hour.
- Singing in the shower can burn an extra 10-20 Calories per song, depending on the volume and pitch of your voice.
- Laughing for 10 minutes can make you burn between 20 and 40 Calories.
- On average, brushing your teeth for three minutes will burn 10 Calories.
- Pushing a shopping trolley up the aisles for half an hour will burn over 100 Calories, this number increases with the amount you put in your trolley and the heavier it gets.
- One hour spent sitting in front of the TV burns around 65 Calories.
- Dancing on a Dance Mat for 10 minutes will burn 50-60 Calories.
- Hugging for one hour can burn 70 Calories.
- If you whip your head back and forth to Willow Smiths song, you will burn up to 50 Calories, depending on how crazy you go.
- A one minute kiss can burn between 2 and 4 Calories, depending on how intimate it is.
- A person will burn 7 percent more calories if they walk on hard dirt compared to pavement.
- You burn more calories than you consume when you eat celery.
- On average, if you walk your dog for 30 minutes, you burn 100 Calories.
- You burn more calories sitting in the cold, than heat.
- Chewing gum burns 11 Calories per hour.
- You can burn up to 350 more Calories per day if you fidget, rather than someone who remains stationary.
- Missing a night of sleep causes the body to burn about an extra 161 calories.
- Constant texting can burn 40 Calories per hour.