Think you know all you need to know about the candy cane? Think again…
- The original candy cane was straight, all white, and hard.
- A candy cane turned upside down is the letter J, which many believe represents Jesus.
- National candy cane day is December 26 in the United States.
- The first candy cane was made over 350 years ago. The first historical reference in America to candy cane date back to 1847.
- The red and white striped candy canes were first made around 1900.
- Over 1.76 billion candy canes are made each year.
- The traditional candy cane flavor was more than just peppermint and the color red and white.
Thanks to Organically Blissful for this information. Check out this fun and informative blog here.